Tuesday, September 8, 2009

San Diego Zoo

It wouldn't be complete without a trip to the World Famous San Diego Zoo. We went later in the afternoon and it was sooooo hot! The main reason we went was for my Moms 20+ yr annual party for people who have worked at the zoo for that long. My mom retired 2 years ago. So for pretty much my whole life she has worked at the zoo. She worked in the Fundraising Dept. and researched donors. I have spent a lot of time at the zoo and have always loved it! 
 
Michelle and I posing for a photo on Monkey Trails. I love how lush the zoos plants are . . . its like a tropical rain-forest.


Michelle and a Monkey Mask.


When the party happened we got a special tour of the new elephant exhibit Elephant Odyssey. Timbo was showing off to every one by squirting water. Debbie is the elephant not shown squirting the water. The new exhibit is cool because you can see into the bedrooms which is the photo above and see how the keepers care for the elephants. 


My moms most favorite animal are elephants. 

No comments: