Saturday, September 5, 2009

Catalina Island, CA (part one)

Catalina was our favorite part of this trip. We all had a blast here. This was Josh and I's first time . . . well kinda. We came here on our Honeymoon and the Catalina day of our cruise I had food poisoning. So I tried to tough it out but only made it too the docks and then we had to come right back on the ferry to the cruise ship. It was sad. But this time we made it! My mom and Michelle had been there before, for YW camp and my dad had sailed here with some friends a long time ago. We took the ferry from Dana Point to Catalina. It was about an hour long boat ride. We saw some whales and took naps (we had to get up at 6am to meet the ferry).  Its such a beautiful Island. 

The Island is beautiful. Lots of color, ornate little beach houses, fun shops and beautiful scenery. The island was actually owned by the Wringley family (as in the gum) and they sold it to CA. We took a million photos so here you go!
 Me in the middle of the street. Everyone drives Golf Carts. The wait on the Island for a "real" car is 10 years.  We were all starving so we ate at this funny restaurant. I had a great pesto sun dried tomato sandwich.   



After lunch we wanted to tour the island so we rented a golf cart. My Dad drove which meant it was a wild ride. He likes to test cars limits no matter the size. Josh was a co-pilot. 

 I loved this pink victorian hotel.  


 The chaparral is identical to SD. This was the golf course and it reminded me of the Bointa Golf Course in Chula Vista.                                                                                                                              
Us on top of the Island over looking the bay.  It was really hot . . . and bright.




My parents


Michelle and I enjoying the wild ride. 

2 comments:

mandy said...

Looks fun and beautiful! You guys always do such fun things when you are there.

Nadia said...

It looks beautiful! It's so close to home and I've never been there either. So we missed out on the bonfire because we left early, I hope you had a blast!