Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chicago: Monday

We started the day off right with breakfast at the Bongo Room.
I had Red Velvet Pancakes. I'm not exaggerating when I say this was the best breakfast that I have ever had!!! Red Velvet pancakes with a white chocolate syrup and walnuts sprinkled on the top. It was one of those meals that you do not want to stop eating. I thought about that breakfast for the next 2 weeks.

Josh had a similar experience with his breakfast. Carrot Cake Pancakes, white chocolate syrup and Pineapple on top. He was in a food induced coma for most of the day.


We then hopped on the "L" and went over to ohh and ahh at The Bean.

It was pretty cool. Who doesn't like looking at yourself in weird angles?



I loved the architecture.



This was a possible Bansky piece. He is a street graffiti artist and this looked like his work.

Ah, H&M. We like big cities because there is a guaranteed H&M. We didn't go too crazy this time.

See only 1 medium sized bag! BTW Chicago is a really clean and beautiful city. It is as clean as SLC which is amazing for a city of its size.


In front of the Art Institute.

We then headed over to our last City Pass stop. The Museum of Science and Industry. We wanted to stay here for an entire day. There were so many great things to learn about. This is an ENTIRE captured German Submarine from WW2 inside of the Museum.

Kitchen in the submarine.

We both had family who served in the military. My Grandpa Jim was in the Navy so it was pretty cool to see what Subs looked like back then. That bed was barley big enough for me!


Tons of retired planes and locomotives in this section.



We then had to head back to the air port to catch our flight. It was a fun and quick trip. We jammed so many things into only a few days!

I am going to leave you with why I love Chicago:

- Great Lakes. It looked exactly like the ocean and I love staring at the ocean.
- Clean City
- Awesome Shopping
- Great Places to Eat
- Tons to do
- Really nice people. Whenever we were lost (which was frequent) someone would always come over and help us out.
Bye Chicago!

1 comment:

Jared and Cassie said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Can I just tell you how jealous I am that Josh shops with you? I can just see Jared now, "We didn't come all the way out to Chicago to SHOP, we can do that at home". lol. Also, I'm salivating over your red velvet pancakes. That sounds sooo incredible. I might have to make a trip there solely for the Bongo Room