Monday, September 20, 2010

6th Annual San Diego Summer Stay

Every year, for the past 6 years Josh and I have been spending a week near the end of summer in San Diego. We get to spend time with my family and do summer the real way (my way!). This year was one of my favorite trips. It was relaxing and fun. I have a million pictures of the trip, but I put then on Facebook if you want to see them. I'm getting tired of posting everything in a million spots. Do you ever feel this way? I'll break down the events.

Friday: Arrived at night . . . 11 hr drive!

Saturday: Mission Beach - Not an ideal beach day due to it being cold, but still a good time. Then we went downtown to the Embarcadero and check out the "tall ships." Dinner @ Anthony's.

Sunday: Church

Monday: Drive up to LA. Went to the Burton Store, Carl's Jr. Skate Plaza, and visited where my mom went to design school @ FIDIM. Checked into the hotel (a really nice and perfectly modern Holiday Inn) and spent the night at Downtown Disney.

Tuesday: Spent the day at CA adventure. Michelle rode on a lot of new rides which was really fun for me. The highlight for me was the World of Color show. Words can't describe the awesomeness and Disney magic!

Wednesday: Disneyland! It was so fun, but when has it never been fun for me? Josh had a lot of fun too since it was spilt into 2 days and it wasn't crowded. We walked on all of the rides and had a leisurely day at the park. I was thinking how I have been to Disneyland around 30 times which makes me smile.

Thursday: Back to San Diego. We went to the Mormon Battalion Center. It was inspiring to learn more about their sacrifice.

Friday: Went to PB with Josh and had a perfect beach day. Warm sun, fun waves and spending time with Josh. Then at night we went to H&M.

Saturday: We had our second annual Beach Bonfire/BBQ at Coronado. It was really windy, but it was still great to be at the beach with my family and friends.

Sunday: Did the drive back to our Utah life. Why does it always seem longer on the drive back from vacation?

We had a really good time. I'm always a little sad when summer is. I love warm weather, being outside, bbq's, bonfires, going to the beach, swimming, wearing shorts and not having to wear a jacket. Fall is almost here. Josh and I have had a crazy fun summer. We did so much! We are definitely taking advantage of being two young, married, successful people who are living our lives to the fullest!

Good Bye 2010 Summer!

No comments: