Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cats & Yard

I took some photos of the baby cats and the yard a few weeks ago. I'm pretty amazed at how our yard turned out this summer versers last summer. This summer it looks a million times better. More on that after the cat photo shoot.

Gnarly was being so cute. I took these photos after I passed my UT drivers test. I let the cats play outside to celebrate with me!


Yetti the jungle cat.


Apricots galore! Again, we had tons of apricots. They were really tasty for the first part. But then you have to pick up the fallen ones and they are squishy and gross.

This is my favorite part of the yard. Back in June my parents came out we did a lot of yard work. My dad is a yard master and showed me the ways of yard wrangling. We pulled weeds, fertilized, pulled more weeds, trimmed plants, pulled more weeds and watered like crazy. Having a big yard is a HUGE responsibility. I learned that last summer and was pretty disappointed that I couldn't make the yard look nice. I didn't have to knowledge of how to take care of it all.
This year I watered and watered and watered. The grass became really green. Only parts of our yard have a sprinkler system so I had to do a lot of it by hand. My dad helped me start to set up places for sprinklers around the yard. I have tweaked and modified my sprinkler placement and I really have a good system down.


The front is really green. Josh and I bought some weed killer that ended up killing our lawn and the weeds. It looked like a dog and peed all over our yard. I was soooooo annoyed at the person at Loews who recommended the weed killer! I planted some new grass seeds and now you can't even tell!

And our street is under construction so don't mind the cones!

There are still some dead spots here and there, but for the most part it is 100% better then last year. I have spent hours sweating out in the yard this summer after work and on saturdays. I'm pretty proud of the outcome. Josh mows and weed wacks the lawn and a few times he pulled some weeds with me. Mostly this yard was all me because I decided this year, if I want it to look good I'm going to take care of it! Next year will be even better because I know exactly what to do to take care of the lawn. Lots of our neighbors and friends commented on the progress of the yard and that made me feel pretty good too. :) Hard work pays off!

3 comments:

Rachel and Jared said...

Your house is so cute!

Jared and Cassie said...

Wow Natalie, it looks awesome! Good job, that takes so much work! And props to you for deciding that you wanted to get it done and doing it yourself. I know how that goes. haha

mandy said...

looks beautiful well done Natalie!! Josh, you should know how to take care of a yard after years of being Mom and Dads yard guy. Why aren't you out there more????