Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cha-cha Changes!

For the past 2 years Josh and I have been serving in the Primary as the CTR 6 teachers. We have loved our calling so much. Teaching 6-7 yrs olds is a lot of fun. We lucked out and have had a really good group of kids to teach. Josh and I have called Primary 2 hours of fun and entertainment (and learning too)! Such as today during singing time Josh was asked to dress like a "celebrity." We are practicing for the Primary Program next month and him and 2 others were the "guest celebrity judges" to critique the kids on their songs. The kids went crazy for Joshes outfit. It was hilarious!

So now for the change. I was given a new calling to serve in the Young Womens. I am going to be the Young Womens Secretary! I am so excited!!! I love the YWs program so much. When I first joined the church I started out in YW. I feel like I gained so much from being a part of such a great program during my teen years. I had great leaders who I looked up to and made great friends. I don't know how I would have survived my teen years without it! It is going to be a lot of work, but I really look forward to this opportunity. I hope I will do well in my new calling!

We are going to miss our Primary class so much! We had the cutest kids. One of our students came by our house this afternoon with cookies and a handmade card telling us that she will miss us. It is always great to feel loved!

1 comment:

mandy said...

You will be awesome in your new calling!! I would have loved to have you as my young woman leader. Now poor Josh will be flying solo. What celebrity did he dress up as?