Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Orca, You're Awesome. But Sometimes You Act like a Damn Turkey

Growing up, my siblings and I had a lot of freedom to run wild. But sometimes my dad would have to rein us in. And he would use a euphemism to let us know we were straying too far into wacko land. He would say "Josh, I love ya, but you're acting like a damn turkey." And that was the cue to chill the heck out or else. A little while ago I posted about Orcas and how awesome they are. And then I saw this:



Now, don't get me wrong I still love Orcas. They drop the hammer on great white sharks and that goes a long way in my book. But, come on Orca! You can't just go around snatching trainers like that. Consider this the much needed jerk to your proverbial leash (a leash that can contain a 13,000 lbs animal with millions of years of evolution pointing it in one murderous and inevitable direction). It pains me to say this, but I have to—Orca, I love ya, but you're acting like a damn turkey.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I find it funny that it says that that same orca was responsible for the deaths of 2 other people in its past and everyone was surprised by it's drowning of this lady. I'm pretty sure if he liked it enough to do it once, he'll do it again... Bad orca, no drown the nice lady.

Carrie said...

Well said. We all were thinking it.