Friday, February 5, 2010

The Nie Nie Dialogues

Lately I have been enthralled with Stephanie Nielsons blog. Talk about an amazing person/family. Her story is so beautiful/tragic, but most of all intensely inspirational to me. I stumbled upon it through a friends blog. Last year her and her husband were in an almost fatal plane crash. Her body was 83% covered in burns. He was covered in 30 something percent. Before the accident she would blogged about everyday family life, her 4 kids, husband, juggling being a wife and a mom. Even though she and her family have suffered this tragedy she is still positive and inspirational. What a great example she is to me. I couldn't imagine what she has gone through!!! Talk about a serious life trial. She is LDS and has a strong testimony of the Gospel which is helping her through this trial.

Here is the link: Nie Nie Dialogues

From reading this blog I have been pondering many things in my life. My trials seem so itsy bitsy compared to hers. It makes me feel a little silly for the things I think are 'a big deal.' I have the Gospel, my wonderful husband Josh, my awesome family, fantastic friends and good health. What more could I really need in life?

If you get a chance checkout her blog. Josh is even hooked ;)


1 comment:

Nadia said...

I love her story too! She's inspired me to want to be a better person, mother and wife.