Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend in Review-Part 1

What a weekend! Josh mowed faces. This was Josh's first paintball tournament. It was held in Syracuse UT not too far from us. Mannie Jessica and their new little baby Damien came for the tournament. Mannie and Josh played on the same team.


This is Josh preparing to slide into the snake (a type of paintball bunker no real snakes were harmed during the tournament). He looks totally fierce and ready to do some damage.
 
Here we find our hero ready and posed to snap shoot some unfortunate soul. The bunker Josh is hiding behind is the snake. Josh did a lot of damage from this bunker all day; to the other team and himself. We'll expand on that latter.
 
This is the coolest action shot ever! Josh has gazelle intensity in this picture. I think he was picturing his debt snowball on the other end of the field. Also notice the high water pants, they help him move gracefully across the field of battle. Natalie took this shot and it is rad. She is a freelance photographer now, available for weddings, cage matches, and birthday parties.
 
If you look closely you can almost make out the other players soul exiting his body. Josh once again snap shooting around the snake bunker to eliminate an opponent. the team they were playing was undefeated up to this game, Josh's team swept them in under a minute.
 
RUN THROUGH! The jersey says "Magician", I'm not really magic. It should have said "Mind freak", cause I blow minds constantly. The last player is behind that angled looking bunker. Josh is performing a run through to clear the last player.
 
On your marks, Get ready, Shoot Faces!! Josh is on the right, DL (I have no idea what his real name is) on the left.

Everyone came out for the event. It was cool. The parents brought down Mitchell who kept suggesting to just throw a grenade and it would be easier (why didn't I think of that?). Kyle, Kadee, and John were in SLC for a concert and crashed at our place the night before. It was way cool to have everyone there.

Ever watching, ready to pounce. Josh looking on as Mannie takes the field with the rest of Team Suppressor.
 
Ok so this is a really funny story, especially if it didn't happen to you. This is the last game in the semi-finals. The semi finals are best of three and we were down one game. So this was the make or break game, if we won we would continue, if we lost we were done for the day. My job was to get to the snake, which I had been doing all day no problem. So on the break I start booking it to the snake and I notice "Hey there is another player running right at me, huh what should I do about that?" So I start to raise my gun to shoot him out on the run, "No problem" I thought. Well while raising my gun I stubbed my toe on a mound of earth, which pitched me head over heels into the bunker. I landed on my shoulder and my head ended up under the bunker. The other player (laughing hysterically I'm sure) reached his bunker with no problem and shot me and my team out. That sucked big time. That game put us out of the finals. But it was still fun and I can laugh at it now, at the time it was painful. Over all we did really well for never having played together before the day of the tournament. We were ranked in fifth place out of twenty teams entering the semi-finals. It was super fun and Natalie even enjoyed it. She never new she was married to such an action hero. 

1 comment:

Hilary said...

This is truly incredible. I especially enjoyed all the third-person re-tellings of the event.