Thursday, May 29, 2008

Exercise

I have decided that I am not good at exercise without a purpose. I discovered this when running last night with Josh. I was running and I thought, this isn't that fun. Why am I doing this? I know you can run for exercise which is a purpose, but there is no motivation in it for me. This is when I discovered i am better at Life or Death exercise. Josh volunteered to run at me with a knife, but i declined. I have never enjoyed running.  

I love life or death exercise. 
Example: The ocean. You have to watch your self! You can't just go and stand in the ocean because you can be taken down by a wave, stung by a sting ray/jellyfish, see a shark etc, get hit in the face with a board, etc. Before entering you have to scope out the surf. Its just a lot more exciting staying a float then running.  

Another Example: The Mountain. When Snowboarding, you also have to watch your self! There are hidden holes, deep powder, rocks, tree, crazies, branches, frost bite, skiers, etc.     

I really just wish we lived by the beach. The swimming/surfing/body-boarding in the ocean is such great exercise.  Will someone build me an ocean?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I have a hard time too. Lately I've been going to these kickboxing aerobics classes, where you don't actually hit or kick anything, but the teacher makes it fun and you end up dancing half the time. You get a better work out when its more fun.

Oh and I have my own ocean you can borrow whenever you want.