Monday, May 12, 2008

I am done

I am so done with living in this apartment. It is the most ghetto place which I have lived. This of course doesn't say much coming from Rexburg, but I did grow up in Chula Vista and I have seen my share of ghetto. Josh and I have been talking about how we really, really want a house and how tired we are of sharing walls. I've been doing the apartment scene for the last 5 years. I feel the need for unshared walls.

Reasons why we want to leave:
1. Second week living here we have to cops knocking at our door around Midnight. To back track. This was a few days after Christmas and we had just got back from picking my mom and Michelle up from the airport. We had been inside for about 5 minutes. So the Police knock and say that someone called saying that we were really loud and fighting. The call came from our paranoid neighbors across from us. I'll get to them later. We were like no that wasn't us we have been here for like 5 minutes. Check it out, we still have our coats on. So they questioned us and realized that nothing was going on. Then they come back 20 mins later to tell us it wasn't us! It was another neighbor fighting.

2. Diaganolly across from us. Mr. Reefer. We were coming back from Target one night and I notice a guy standing on his balcony in the dark. A little creepy. Then as we walk up the stairs we smell the weed. You can't deny the smell. He gets his smoke on all the time. He even hot boxes in his apartment. He has kids too!

3. When I go out to my car in the morning the maintenance men are working. One of them hollers, "hey I found a needle." The other guy says, "Man you find all the good stuff." Gross there are possible heroine addicts.

4. Mr. paranoid, our neighbors across from us. The guy is always opening his door randomly to see "whos out there." A few weeks ago Josh and I were going to the laundry room. We walked out of our apartment and Josh was holding the Basket. Josh was all watch this. He spun the basket in the air and it came to a thud on the hallway. He accidentally dropped it. about 4 seconds later Mr. Paranoid rips open his door. He's crazy.

5. Mr. Paranoid again lives up to his name. Josh and I come back from dinner one night and there is a fire truck in the parking lot. We go inside and decide that our trash is really smelly and needs to be taken out. So Josh goes to take it out to the dumpster and he finds firemen crawling in the dumpster. Apparently Mr. Paranoid earlier had taken his trash to the dumpster and heard a beeping noise. So of COURSE he thought is was a BOMB! Idiot! There was no bomb it was a toy or a clock. I couldn't hear exactly what they said when they came up to his door to thank him for alerting them of the "possible" bomb.

6. Sales idiot. He comes to the door and proceeds to try and sell Josh some sort of magazine rewards thing. Josh says no thanks. Then the Sales Idiot asks Josh if hes Mormon and then proceeds to call Josh a hypocrite. (of course persecuting someone always makes then want to do business) Josh was like what! This is all because in the bible the sales idiot says that you shouldn't judge a book by the cover. Then Josh was like, "Excuse me? Do you live here. Is your name Mika(Josh thought he said his name was Mika)." Then the sales Idiot comes up to Josh and was like, "i should kick your ass for saying I have such a gay name like that." He was a real winner. Then Sales Idiot walked away and we called the cops. I really thought that he might come back. It was scary.

7. This happened this past week. We come home from work and there is a verbal fight going on in the hallway with our neighbors next store. Lots of creative curse words making both parties seem Oh so intelligent and illiterate. The cops came again.

8. And finally back to Mr. Paranoid. We come home today and see a cop car sitting in front of the apartments. Yep Mr. paranoid called them for reasons unknown. At this point I am sooo sick of it all.

I want to leave so so so so so so so so so so so so bad! I have never lived around such people. On top of everything they all smoke. We can't open our windows because it reeks of smoke. I am so over it.

On the positive side we are house hunting again. Hopefully we will find something really soon!


2 comments:

Hilary said...

Gay gay GAY! I hate lame neighbors. We have some neighbors we want to call immigration on. They can't control their children who come cut off all my flowers once they bloom. Little bastards.

At least you can only go up from here!

LinnieBell said...

YAY for a *natalie-and-josh* blog!! can i just tell you that your little "about me" section made me LOL! (yes, i did just type LOL.) are you going to be going to chicago for CHA? it's going to be fun!!!

ps...loved your 4th of july stuff!!