Wednesday, May 29, 2013

LA Trip: Day 2

Oliver and I were on our own again today. I decided to pack it with tourist activities. He slept through the night which is always iffy when we are not at home.
 When we were driving around the day before I noticed the Angel Moroni peaking above some buildings. We were only a few blocks away from the LA Temple. So we went and toured the beautiful grounds. This was both of our first times there. We love Temples. Ollie's Nursery teachers told us how Ollie gets really excited when he sees photos of temples.









Then we headed to the Walk of Fame. (Side note: I LOVE how people drive in LA. People are aggressive, they don't mess around and get to point A to B as fast as possible. I was in my element!) The parking lots were all $20.00 for the day which was crazy. I lucked out and found an hour parking spot for $2.00. We really only needed an hour anyway. I also mastered parallel parking on this trip.  


I put Ollie in the stroller and we walked along the walk of fame. First we spotted Johnny Depp. 

 Then Natalie Wood (who I was named after).


They shut down the street for the premier of Iron Man 3. So many cameras, lights and a huge red carpet. Sadly no spotting Robert Downy Jr. or my girl Gweneth Paltrow.



Posed in front of the El Capitan theater. During our brief hour we ate our lunch. One of the many reasons I love the Chicco stroller is Ollie can eat on the go!

 At the Chinese Theater. Ollie was "feeding" the lions.


 At this point he was done and ready for a nap. As we were leaving I looked down and there was Ollie's pal Mickey! Too bad Ollie wasn't as thrilled.

 Next we headed over to the Santa Monica Pier. I hadn't been in years, since I was really little. I had to make a pit stop at Radio Shack to get a car phone charger because my battery was almost all out. I was relying on my Google Maps app to get around. The voice step by step directions were perfect.
It was an overcast day and a little chilly. I was really glad we went swimming the day before.
 Ollie LOVES birds. It looks like he is trying to pinch him, but this is how he "signs" bird.
I let him explore some of the little rides. He was really excited about them. 

 Ollie and I went back to the hotel and waited for Josh. We all went to a fancy Mexican restaurant. It was really yummy. Since Josh was going to be in Boston the following we this was our time to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary.
 We all loved the kind size bed. Ollie thought the pillows were great!
 Room service! Best $20.00 dessert ever!

No comments: