Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LA Trip: Day 1


It
The last week of April, right after my Girls Weekend Trip we went on a spur of the moment trip to LA. Josh was going there for work and I have been wanting to tag along on one of his many trips this year... And this was the perfect trip! 

We flew out on a Tuesday morning and arrived at LAX at 9:30 am. We flew Delta (I hate them) so they were extra stingy with the snacks. I got a cookie the size of my pinky that Ollie ate. While josh went off to edit a video he was working on Ollie and I got some breakfast. 

I choose the nearest thing close to the rental car place. A dennys(I know, lame). I felt at home because we were the only white people there and most of the people we speaking Spanish. 

Then Ollie and I drove over to Westwood to the W Hotel. It was posh fancy city at that place. They only valet. When they helped me with our bags out of the car and the valet handed me the diaper bag he asked me if I wanted "the thing" on my back. I said, "yes." I couldn't let Ollie walk up the stairs because they were part waterfall with water running down the back side. 

We got into our suite and it was sooo pretty. Beautiful art and interior design and Bliss bath products! Child proofing was my top priority after i admired the room. 

After relaxing and snacking Ollie and I toured the grounds (beautiful, had all of my favorite plants) and then went swimming. It was a dream pool. I guess people who aren't staying there come and layout and order food and drinks. There were a few groups of single ladies and gay men. The weather was so nice. There was one other mom with kids which made me less of an outsider. Ollie was really good. He splashed around and thew his hat (which he loves) into the water. After a while he started to get cold so we went back to the room. 

We went to Ralph's to get some groceries. I forgot how crowed the streets are at rush hour. 

Later Josh came to the hotel and we went to The Grove and meet up with my cousin Chelsea and her boyfriend Sean. It was SO good to spend time with my favorite cousin. This was her first time meeting Ollie and he loved her. He did all of his dance moves. We all had fun eating at the Cheesecake Factory. 
It was a really fun yet tiring day. Being able to spend a day with Ollie relaxing was a treat. The highlight was seeing Chelsea and meeting her awesome boyfriend Sean. I wish I lived closer to my extended family. 

No comments: