Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Party


Wyrick Girls. Me Michelle, Chelsea and Gabe.


Dad and I blowing out our candles. I had to remind him to be happy about his birthday. :)


Matt, Carrie, Fisher and Tyler came too! It was really cool of Matt to come down to work on my family. They loved it.


Josh gave me a really special present. I never ever thought I would get a Tiffanys Heart charm bracelet. I have wanted one since High School. I think its pretty neat that he gave me one. Jewelry is something that is really special to me. It always has meaning and is always a reminder of the person that gave it to you.

I should also mention Grandma Bee hasn't been doing well these past few months. She has been struggling with anxiety attacks and the doctors prescribed her medication that didn't mix with her existing medication. So lately she has been to the hospital and ER a lot. So they moved her to Fredrika Mannor to have better medical attention because my mom couldn't be her nurse 24/7. Then Grandma Bee went to the ER right before we came and then was in the hospital when we got there. We visited her the next day and I was in Shock (the last time I had seen her which was in March she looked normal happy and was active). She was soo skinny and just looked terrible and miserable. I tried not to cry while I was in the room and I burst into tears when we left. She just looked soo helpless.

So during the trip Grandma Bee had open heart surgery to fix a valve. Her Lungs had been filling with blood. If she hadn't decided to have the surgery her quality of life would be as it had been the past few months. Bed ridden and frequent trips to the hospital. The surgery made the week really traumatic. I was scared for her. She is 83 years old and has congestive heart failure. My mom was really scared. She didn't want to loose her mom and I can't imagine how that must have felt for her. But she prayed and left it in Heavenly Fathers hands. Magnificently Grandma Bee came out of the surgery and has been recovering with flying colors! I talked to her twice this week and she sounds better. I really hope she can have some of her old life back now.

That pretty much sums up the trip. It was fun and tiring and a little traumatic.

No comments: