Sunday, July 6, 2008

HMS and Elder Romney

Michelle is a HUGE High School Musical fan. So after the zoo we went over to East High School. They are currently filming HSM 3. We weren't allowed to go inside so we took some shots outside. One of the security guards let Michelle wear the movie pass for a picture. 

I wasn't supposed to take this picture. When I'm told that I can't do something and I think the reasoning is stupid, I almost always do it. I could have totally driven by and taken this picture!

For dinner we meet up with Elder Romney and his family. We went and had really good Chinese food in Bountiful. Elder Romney is really important to our family. He was one of the Elders who taught us the discussions and brought the Spirit into our home. He also baptized us. We hadn't seen him in several years and it was really great to spend time with him and his family. 

It was funny to hear his side of our conversion story. He said Natalie was on board. She knew all the answers. He said that you could tell Michelle felt the Spirit and knew that the Church was true as well as my dad. He said my mom was hesitant. This was because she had been baptized in another church when she was younger and she didn't want to offend my grandparents by getting baptized again. My grandparents were fine with her getting baptized. So on April 20, 1997 Me, Mom and Dad were Baptized. Michelle was scared because she had never witnessed a baptism before and she is very hesitant to do things unless she has seen them performed and knows exactly what happens. This gave a great opportunity to my dad. He received the Priesthood a few months later which gave him the authority to preform baptisms. So he was able to baptize Michelle and Elder Romney came back for that.

It was really cool to spend time with one of the people who helped my family join the Church. My life would not be as fulfilling as it is with out my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Really cool story.

Except for the High School Musical part. Haha! Don't tell you sister!

LinnieBell said...

Natalie! That's an awesome post!

Oh...and um...I just want to tell you I'm waaay sad you're not going to be in Chicago. Enough said.