Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Week 14 and NO Baby Ticker Yet???

I know you are all concerned about this. Josh and I had the talk of, do we have a baby ticker on our blog or do we not? We had this talk months ago and decided no. They are creepy, weird, cheesy and poorly designed. Just not my thing. Below you will find examples of why we don't have one.








It's ok if you have one or if you like them. I'm not judging you. I promise! It's the graphic designer in me that has me critiquing these funny things. It would be like a high end chef buying food at McDonalds for a dinner party. I just can't do that!

But come on, these are so cheesy!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Ugh, I am so with you!! Who wants a little alien floating around on the side of their carefully planned blog? Not to mention that it's really no one's business how many weeks I have left or what sort of uncomfortable symptoms I might be having. Stick to your guns, girl!

Rachel and Jared said...

You should design a nice one! The alien one is creepy.

Jared and Cassie said...

lol the alien was mine, ill claim it! i loved checking my blog every thursday and seeing if my baby was looking less alien-ish :-)

Carrie said...

I love the creepy one where the baby looks like a frog in the beginning. It's awesome. I did see a cute one on a friends blog that said "I'm so crafty I make kids" I'm pretty sure it was a picture of rosie the riveter saying that. It was cute.

Tara Shirley said...

yes, the ones you found are creepy and cheesy. But I found one that wasn't offensive to the graphic designer in me. Go here, http://babynamey.com/badges, it's the second down on the left. You need one so I can better stalk you, since I'm not seeing you every day.