Thursday, February 24, 2011

16 Week Appt


Last week I had my 16 week appt. Everything is checking out good and on schedule. I never thought it would be possible to weigh this much in my life. I have almost gained 10 pounds! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again which is oh so cool! Josh recorded it on his phone so now I can listen to it whenever I want. It is just so reassuring to hear the heartbeat!

I got my blood drawn for a test as well. The old Natalie, 2 years ago, would have freaked out if she knew how many times I would be having my blood drawn during these past 2 years. I have become friends with Charles the Phlebotomist. He is the best! It barley hurts when he draws my blood. I like him because he's awesome at his job (not like the other girl that works there, she is really bad at finding veins), he once had a twilight poster hanging in the room and he's a little snotty (but never with me). He has told me that I'm dramatic, but I just can't look at the needle when it goes into my arm! Anyway, it's a big deal for me that I finally feel comfortable having my blood drawn.

Other news, March 10th is the BIG day. 2 Weeks away! It's the day when we find out if little baby "O" is a girl or a boy. It will be a surprise. I sometimes think I know what i'll be having, but then I have doubts. So we will have to see. I can't wait!

More and more people are finding out that we are having a baby. It kinda baffles me for those people who are around me. I'm pretty sure I look pregnant. When have I ever looked like this in my life? Come on people!

Things that have changed:
I no longer feel life barfing all the time! Whoo-hoo! Week 15 was a good week.
I had food poisoning twice and I seriously thought I was going to die. Josh was even scared.
My sciatic nerves are really mean to me and hurt me sometimes.
I have had a headache for the better part of this week.
I can eat chicken again!
I am hungry a lot.
I crave artichokes all the time.

3 comments:

Jared and Cassie said...

cant wait to find out! you better text me as soon as you find out! looking good!!

Nadia said...

You look great Natalie. I'm so excited for your March 10th. I was at Babies R'Us in SD and spotted a few of my favorite items there. But I didn't see the Boon Spoon, so if I were you I'd order those on Amazon :)

Nadia said...

...or put them on your registry.