Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes . . .

Yes it's true. Josh and I are having a BABY!!! We couldn't be more excited. This has been a long time coming. It feels a little bit like, finally we get to be pregnant. We have been trying for 1.5 years. There has been a lot of praying, fasting, hoping, love, discouragement, sadness, blood tests, weight gain, more praying, then some more sadness more blood tests more weight gain, "lots of practice" and then FINALLY a positive pregnancy test.

It has been quite the rollercoaster, but we are happy that it is finally happening. Our prayers have been answered. I have been feeling super tired, nauseous and moody these past 10 weeks. I have to take a lot of naps and eat every 2 hours or else it's bad news. This past week we got to hear the babys heartbeat. It was really surreal and yet very real. After going to our first appt. it was such a relief to hear that my pregnancy is going as it should be going and everything checks out. I can't wait to meet this little baby!

The poster above was used to announce our BIG news to our families. Since we were in San Diego we skyped with Joshes family on Christmas Eve and they all opened their posters together at the same time. It was really fun to announce it all at once and have everyone together. My family opened theirs up as well. On both sides there was a lot of smiling, crying and celebrating. It makes me want to announce things more often.

Since getting pregnant took us so long it has made me very grateful to be pregnant. I was discouraged at time that it would never happen. I'm glad Josh was always so positive. he is the best husband. We weren't the people who just "got pregnant" ( Josh and I decided if you are 16 and a hillbilly you have better chances at getting pregnant fast, this was our research from MTV's 16 and Pregnant). It was a journey. Being petite, weighing 104 lbs and having irregular periods makes is difficult to get pregnant. I'm so happy things got on track and that we are going to have a baby! :)

6 comments:

Gary and Samantha said...

Congrats! That is amazing news!!

LinnieBell said...

CONGRATS!!! so excited for you and josh! :)

Rachel and Jared said...

Aww that's so great! I didn't realize you guys had been trying for so long! I am so excited for you guys!

Nadia said...

I'm so happy for you, I look forward to hearing what this little nugget's going to be. Thank you for letting me stop by last weekend I hope we can do that again soon.

Kylie said...

I'm seriously so happy for your guys. We have been on the same journey (for about the same amount of time), so I'm glad we get to share the good times, too. :) Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see Josh as a dad!

Jared and Cassie said...

haha so true about 16 yr old hillbillies! jared and i often say the same thing. and of course you KNOW how stoked i am for you! (in a matter of months you will understand why i can never type with capitals anymore) lol