Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wyrick Week

It is beginning to be a tradition to have my family out here for a week in July. Last year they were here and we did this. So for the summer of the twenty to the ten we did this:

REAL game. Josh and I love going to Real Games so we had to take the family to one. It was an awesome game. 5-0 and fireworks! Plus Findley was back from the USA World Cup Team and he was amazing. Every time he had the ball and was close to the goal everyone went crazy!

Score!

After the game all of the Fans got to go down to the field to watch the fireworks. It was a good show. I was also admiring how beautiful the fields grass was. I wish my yard looked that good!

We also did a TON of yard work. I told my parents to bring their work gloves. My dad is a yard master and I asked him to help me. Every morning we pulled weeds for hours and hours. My yard is almost weed free! We planted new grass and cut away some of the plants on the east side of the house. My dad also helped me figure out how to water the parts of my yard where the sprinkler system doesn't work. It gets so hot here that you can only really do yard work before 9am and then after 6 pm. After last week the yard has been looking much better. The trash can proves it with all of the weeds and overgrown plants!

So remember how on Joshes birthday we went indoor ski-diving??? Well we had to take my Dad. It was AWESOME the second time. I felt like I was getting the hang of it more. My Dad absolutely LOVED it. He loves the science behind planes and flying so this was right up his alley. He had a huge grin the whole time. Michelle is the photographer for these photos. Videos to come, because my mom took video of us with Joshes new girlfriend/obsession . . . oops, i mean Droid Incredible.

I'm a birdie!

Josh is a flying jolly green giant!

My dad LOVING it!

We then went to Toy Story 3. I'm kinda a big fan of Toy Story. The first one came out when I was 10 so I was still really into being a kid and loving Disney (don't you worry I still love Disney). Plus it was my first Pixar Movie. The third one didn't disappoint. I laughed and cried. Then like really cried. It made me miss being a kid, playing and loving my toys. Ah the memories. If you haven't seen it go see it right now!

We watched the 3rd of July fireworks from the Bountiful Golf course. We watched them from a Stake Center nearby.

On Sunday the 4th we had our own firework show since we live in UT and people like the keep the Sabbath day Holy and they don't really do any shows on Sunday. We lit off some Roman Candles.


The cats have also been having a relaxing vacation. It is so hot for them! Look how cute they look.

Gnarly might look like shes not into me squeezing her and telling her how cute she is, but deep down inside she loves it!

We went to Raging Waters this year again. I just love lazy rivers and being outside in the hot sun in my bathing suit! Josh and I discovered some new slides that make you fly up in the air. They were fun. FYI it's not good to forget to put sunscreen on your knee caps. They turn really red and hurt.

My street had a Firework party on the 5th. Have I ever mentioned we live on quite possibly coolest street in America? We all gathered around the cul-de-sac for our exclusive neighborhood firework show. It was the best firework show of the weekend. It is so exciting when they are so close you you!

It was a fun visit. My parents also went house hunting. They could be moving here someday!



Here is the Michelle video from this trip. Of course Lady Gaga did the soundtrack and Josh did the video.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

I cried at Toy Story 3 also. Glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm glad you guys are having fun, we miss you!

mandy said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! What was that desert Michelle pointed out--it looks delicious!

Josh said...

You have an astute eye for the sweets my sister. That is smore ingredients that were poured on top of brownie mix and baked in the oven until they combined into a mass of gooey deliciousness the likes of which the world has never seen. I call it the Brown Out Deluxe Mark X.