Sunday, June 27, 2010

Remember when I Turned 28 that one Time?

One year older and wiser too. At least that's what I've been told. Truthfully, so far 28 has been a lot like 27. Natalie keeps telling me to give it awhile, but she's 24, what can a 24 year old possibly know about being 28? Alright so in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of birthdays. Allow me to elaborate, I'm not a huge fan of adulthood birthdays. Birthdays growing up were awesome. I got Ninja Turtles, Ghost Busters, G.I. Joes, and I got to go to any restaurant I wanted (more than once I chose McDonalds. Yeah, I know.) Adulthood birthdays just don't hold the same luster that childhood birthdays did.

Well that all changed this last birthday. Natalie planned a surprise activity for us. She is pretty sneaky when she wants to be. Months ago we saw this commercial for an indoor skydiving place in Ogden and I was so into going. But I forgot all about it. Natalie didn't. So I woke up on my birthday and Natalie slammed a card into my hand and was like "Open it, open it, open it!!" And I was like "What time is it? Who are you." I opened the letter and it was a nice note and two tickets to iFly, the indoor skydiving place in Ogden.

After work we drove up to Ogden and headed to dinner where we were met by a, wait for it, a belly dancer. It was so uncomfortable and awesome. It was so weird and strange and fantastic. It almost deserves it's own blog post.

Back to the skydiving. It was so much fun. Oh man, if you have the opportunity I highly recommend you try this. It was freaking amazing. You step in this air chamber with hurricane force winds jetting up from the floor and as soon as you get in there you're weightless. You're flying. It's a lot like this.


To clarify, I was Keanu and the instructor was Patrick. He was all like, "You wanna live forever Johnny!?" And I was like "I am an F B I agent man! It's over!" Well maybe I didn't say that, but I was thinking it. We did get a video but I can't figure out how to get it on to my computer (Boo). So just watch Point Break and you'll get the basic idea. Natalie loved it, too. We had so much fun.
Then we came home and had delicious German chocolate cake. It's my favorite. So to re-cap, birthday was awesome, indoor skydiving is a must do, and Point Break is still my favorite movie to reference.


(This is what a birthday cake hopes to become when it grows up.)

(I know there are a lot of candles. I'm old. I get it.)

(We are certified iFlyers. Whatever that means.)

(I'm official.)

2 comments:

Jared and Cassie said...

So cool! I wanted to come sooo bad! I contemplated driving the farthest distance I've ever left my little babe for it. But in the end, I couldn't do it. I'm glad you had so much fun though! And that cake looks DELICIOUS (way to go Natalie!). But most of all I'm still glad that you are still quoting Point Break.

mandy said...

Happy Birthday josh--I remember those ninja turtle days. They don't seem that far away.
Glad you had another great birthday!