Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Latest Haps

This past week weekend and new week have/will be super busy! This weekend was exceptionally fun.


Friday night, Cassie and Co. invited us to celebrate Cassies birthday at The Cheesecake Factory. I got baja chicken tacos and they were awesome. Josh and I shared the blueberry cheesecake and it was sooo delicious! It was so fun to see Cassie and her family. Cassie and Jared are some of our most favoritest friends because they are fun to be around. I'm so glad they are moving to UT soon.

After dinner we went back home and hung out with Daren and his BYU football friends. Saturday was Game Day and BYU was featured. It was a big day for BYU fans so Daren and his friends came down. We had a lengthily chat about Mad Men and its greatness. If your not watching Mad Men you should stop what your doing and watch it. The story is so intriguing. Life in the early 60's is also fascinating because it is so foreign to me.

Yesterday Josh and I finished up our Halloween Costume search. Our costumes are awesome. The big reveal will be on Halloween. Stay tuned.

We also went to one of our favorite places, IKEA!

We then cleaned and organized the garage or as its now called "The Shred Den". Check out our friend Scott's blog. He posted a video of the shredding from last week in The Shred Den. I am even featured in the video. BTW Josh really needs to post about his mini ramp.

Last night Dustin and Kate came to stay and we all meet up with Cody and Beth and had some tasty sushi at I Heart Sushi. We then watched the movie Objectified. It was awesome up until I feel asleep. I can't watch late movies. The movie made me realize how much I analyze all objects. We all do, but we just don't really think about it.

The Primary Program was today and the kids sang so well. Everyone loved the program.

This week we have several Halloween events. I can't wait. Tomorrow we are attending our block Halloween Party. We have heard all about how our street is the "party street." We shall see if it holds true to these rumors.

On a sad note, this week has been hard on my family. My cousin Tim got a severe head injury last weekend. The back of his skull was hit so hard that it caused his brain to bleed and swell. He has been in an induced coma all week. His heart rate was fluctuating and the swelling wasn't going down so Friday they took a part of his skull out to relieve the pressure to make the swelling would go down. Last I heard the swelling has gone down and he was responding to my aunt by squeezing her hand. I haven't heard any updates today, but they were saying Tim would have brain damage and memory loss. All of this news made me sick to my stomach all week. I felt so sad for Tim. No one should have to go through what he has been going through. Hopefully the damage is minimal and he will have a good quality of life. He is a year older then me so he still has several years of living to do. We just keep praying for a good recovery and comfort.

No comments: