Monday, October 12, 2009

Facebook Photos

Brace yourself, I'm going to rant. Are you braced? Ok here it is . . . Appropriate for the world to see doesn't mean you should post drunken/slutty photos of yourself all over your Facebook page. You know what I'm talking about. The person who is holding an alcoholic beverage in every photo and looks like they are about to fall out of their clothes and topple over. The ones screaming, "I'm single and wayyy fun and I love partying." When the photo really translates to "I'm easy and I have low self-esteem."

I am soooo sick of seeing those photos. Do these people realize how tacky they are being??? They post these photos and I think they are really proud of them. It's not something to be proud of. Your prospective employers / future-you-never-knows are googling you (or will be one day) and are seeing these images. How embarrassing, right? I am so tired of going onto Facebook and seeing these images. It's sad how tackless my generation can be. Or maybe my generation is extremely insecure. Either way, it's no excuse and I don't understand it.

I understand going out with friends and having a good time and posting about it. Maybe it's in a bar, a wedding, a restaurant, a friends house or a party. The posting of any event can be done with class. Leave out the photos where you look like hell and your kissing liquor bottles. Don't air your dirty laundry for the world to see. Your not scoring any cool points.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Alright, alright I'll take my drunkard pictures off already. & my slutty dressed ones. I can't promise that I won't look like he** in some of them still though. :)

Natalie Ormond said...

he he, thanks :)