Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yes we have been on the Inter-webs for a year and a half now. Pretty crazy no doubt. Last year at this time we weren't having much fun. We were living in Layton, in an apartment we hated, with little contact with friends, and not much to do. Unfortunate I know. Fast forward to this year and my how things have changed. Living in a house with out homicidal malcontents as neighbors, friends all over the place up and down the Wasatch front (and Idaho), and activities galore. This has been a much better summer than last in every way. Well a lot has been shaking in the Bountiful chapter of the Ormond club. Work for both of us is good and busy. I'm starting to write a lot more at my job. I'm splitting my time 50/50 between proofing and writing and yes it is everything I dreamed it would be. Not even kidding. I love writing and I love my job. Natalie is equally as ebullient about her work. She has done some stellar work that she is really proud of and has been praised by her coworkers. But what can you expect with someone as talented (and crazy beautiful) as her?

The summer has been full of activities and has no signs of slowing down. We've gone to San Diego for a week in June. And we'll be returning in August. We also went to a Major League Soccer game in Salt Lake. It was a blast and the REAL won 3 to 0. Can't beat that!



We have avoided catching the swine flu; so that's always a positive when you can avoid communicable diseases right? I have caught a fever of sorts. A bike fever. Yes I have been converted to the ways of the two wheeled mountain climbing class. I seriously can't get enough. To illustrate my chain love craziness I have been waking up at 6:30 in the morning two times a week to go ride with a group of friends. Yeah I know, 6:30 in the morning; it's weird but I actually enjoy it. It helps that I bought a new bike and it is sa-weet.


I've also found a group of guys my age that go skate every Thursday night. So I've been skating with them for a few weeks now and it is so much fun to be with guys my age and skill level that just love to skate. It has been so fun.



This weekend was the 4th of july. Last year was pretty fun, I'll admit it. But this year was amazing. Our friend Scott invited us to go boating at Utah Lake in the morning. So we said "Sure. We like water." So we went and had a cosmic blast. I'd never wakeboarded and neither had Natalie but figured we'd give it a try. Natalie was able to get up and ride after only 5 trys. She loved it and can't wait to go again. I was eventually able to get up and ride too, but it took me a lot more than 5 trys. Wakeboarding is a lot of fun and feels really similar to snowboarding. I got a little ahead of myself and kept trying to jump off the wake. And smashing your head into water while wakeboarding is a lot like smashing your head into the mountain when snowboarding. The similarities are astounding. We had a great time. (I have video of us at the lake but Blogger won't let me upload it yet. stay tuned.)


From Utah Lake we drove back to our place just to turn back around and head to Oakley, Utah. JD and Kallie invited us up to hang out at JD's parents house. And that was way fun too. Hanging with them is always a fun time.

So that about wraps it up so far. Next week we are heading to Pocatello. My parents have blown the rams horn of gathering from the tops of the ancestrial hills. Everyone is returing like salmon to the land of their birth. It's going to be fun to be with all my brothers and sisters. We rarely get to be in the same place at the same time any more.

1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

you know it's going to be a good time. Holy Crap you wake up at 6:30!!!! I don't think you've ever done that in you life, EVER! Wow 2? (I can't remember how old you are) really is your year. I think your growing up on us Josh. I love ya and we can't wait to see you. We've been working on another song and routine for Grandma Ruth sure to be unforgettable(like last years-you remember that right?)