Thursday, July 23, 2009

Imbarrasing


I fought the urge for a long time. I read the first Twilight book over a year ago and I didn't think it was all that great. I was like here is another LDS author making tons of money on a crappy sappy book. But I was WRONG! I got a library card a few weeks ago and checked out the rest of the series. I read one book a week. They took over my life and it was great. It was a great way to ween me off of TV too. I fell in love with the books and the characters.

My sudden urge to read all of the books came from seeing the new movie trailer for the second book. When Jacob turned into a wolf I was like, what!?! I must see how this happens. It just got better and better as the books went on. I feel a little embarrassed about my recent obsession with reading all of the books. One of my co-workers said, "wait, your embarrassed about reading the Twilight series, but not Tori Spellings book." Yep.

Next is Lady Gaga. For those of you who know me on a musical level I run away from pop music. This is because most of it is terrible and predictable. However I think pop music 'might' possibly change back to being good one day. Like Lady Gaga. I can't get enough of "Dance, Dance!"

These are 2 uncharacteristic things that I have liked this past month. Maybe the hot summer heat is getting to me?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad the heat is getting to you. :) go to stepheniemeyer.com and click on "midnight sun" to read the first half of Edwards version of Twilight. It is fun :)

Hilary said...

okay, who posted this? Natalie or Josh? Because that would make a huge difference in the embarrassment level :)

mandy said...

Natalie, there is no shame in loving the twilight books. Anyone who has read them loves them--they are page turners! As for Lady Gaga I am not sure what to think of that ;-)

Nadia said...

I had so much fun reading these books! And I can't wait to watch the next movie. We should hang out one of these days! Are you working?

jackieo said...

Oh Josh, your dad and I are so glad you have your own insurance after seeing the photos. Look fun, but wear a helmet. Writers/proofers have to have intact brains.
"Imbarrassing"? ummmmm

Cephaloblog said...

Hillary - this post was all me (natalie) . . . it would have been a lot more funny if the post had been about Josh.

Yay for twilight!