Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday was a nice day . . . and then the BLIZZARD hit!



Saturday was a good day. We got some house projects done and got to be outside. Spring is a season that exists in UT so I thought I would take some photos of the pretty flowers around our yard. This tree type is still being determined. We think it might be a plum. I love the blossoms.



Gnarlys outside ritual of hunting all of the elder bugs. She is perched on our Garage window sill.




Yetti also hunting elder bugs . . . she doesn't climb on things. check out the Tulips! I am so excited to have tulips!



Our flowers out front are starting to bloom also.


Another exciting outside thing is our solar powered lights! I love these things and my parents know this so, they got us these as one of our Christmas gifts. They are awesome!



And last but not least Josh skating.

I'll post more photos of the yard. Its so weird to actually have our very own yard. A few weeks ago it was really warm outside so I started doing yard work after work. I raked about 6 large yard bags of leaves! They were stuck and jammed into the plants in our planter boxes. But I am really proud of myself because it really looks really nice and fresh outside. The dead leaves were cramping my outside style.

Side story: Me being the dumb californian wore flip flops of the first day of my raking (I was really excited that it was 70f and I could wear them!). I ended up getting some pretty gnarly spider bits on my foot. They itched like crazy (and drove me crazy)! After a week they turned a deep purple and it looked all gross and bruised. I showed Josh and he gave a "eh." Then I went to work. He thought they were really bad bites (and didn't tell me or show any emotion, true Josh style) . So he consulted Matt and Mandy and asked what was wrong. Then Josh told me he was asking them their professional advice about the bites because he thought they were super bad. Meantime I thought I was going to have to go to the doctor and get a dreaded shot or something horrible like that. Turns out I'm alive, no doctor visit, just really bad bites. Lesson learned: No matter how nice it is outside always wear flip flops when raking gross leaves.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Love the pictures. And I am SOOO jealous that your tulips are rising and shining! Ours just try to, and then get snowed on. Isn't the temperature difference like 2 degrees? What gives..