Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicago: Thursday Night

I don't know if you know this about me but, I love Target. One of the many reasons why I love Target is because they have Free Thursdays at certain art Museums throughout the US. I love that they support the arts!

After CHA some of my co-workers and I headed to the city to the Art Institute of Chicago. We had only 30 mins to explore the before the museum closed. We ran to the Seraut painting Sunday Afternoon on the Grande Jatte first. This is one of my all time favorite paintings. My mom had this painting on a coffe mug growning up and I have always loved it. I have always thought it would be cool to be in this painting. It's always magical, yes magical, to see favorite works of art.



Look at the amazing detail!


Monet

Me and Vincent Van Gogh


The Nighthawks. Another painting that I want to step into.

American Gothic

Outside of the Museum.


After the Art Institute we headed over to the Sears Tower. This is what it looks like when you are at 103 floors. It's pretty cool to be up this high.

The glass bottom viewing areas.

Me sitting on the bottom. One of my work friends dared all of us to jump on the glass part. We all did of course and it was scary.

By this point we were all STARVING!!! Nothing was really open because it was almost 11pm. A local told us to eat here and so we did. I had fantastic fish and chips. We all had fun on our spontaneous and spur of the moment Chicago night out. I'm lucky to have fun people to work with.

No comments: