Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gobs of the First Gobble


This was our first time hosting Thanksgiving. We had about half of the Ormond Family (Wallaces: Julie, Daren, Abby Lizza, Meg & Max, Ormonds: Jason, Tiff, Mitch & Mckena Ormonds: Mandy & Mark (sorry Mark, I don't know your last name) and Josh and I), which equals 14 people. I was amazed 14 people could stay at our house! I wasn't so sure this weekend was going to work, but it worked and I think/hope everyone had fun because I did.

We borrowed a table and 10 chairs from the church and added it onto our table.

We made a really good Turkey . . . it wasn't dry! This is an action shot off Jason carving the turkey. Josh really has an eye for food action photography. I made my famous "nattie salad" and candied yams. Everyone's food contribution was excellent. We had a very nice Thanksgiving meal.

There was no shortage of food this past weekend. We had tons and tons of leftovers. There were many activities over the break. Black Friday shopping, crafting, games, BYU beating the U, hanging out, finding out both Max and Lizza are allergic to cats, Chargers winning and several other things that I can't remember.


We went to Temple Square Saturday night with the rest of Salt Lake. It was super busy. Kinda like disneyland on a crowed day. The lights were beautiful and the nativity's were amazing. My favorite one was in the above photo. I love how its floating and all of the twinkling lights float around the pond. And you can't beat a background like the SLC temple.

Abby, Lizza & Meg

Abby, Julie, Meg, Mandy, Max, Lizza & Josh

Josh and I

Yes we are coordinating. I didn't realize this until the photo was taken.

Julie & Daren

Daren and Mark joined us after they got back from watching BYU conquer the Utes.

Mandy & Mark

It was a fun filled weekend. The ending was pretty neat. Elder Russell M. Nelson was at our sacrament meeting on Sunday! It was surreal to have an Apostle of the Lord at our Church meeting. His great grandson was being blessed in our ward. He bore his Testimony at the end and told us to rejoice in our blessings especially in these hard times. What great counsel. I feel blessed to be apart of such a great loving and supporting family. We need to have Thanksgiving more often :)

1 comment:

mandy said...

We had a fabulous time! Thanks Josh and Natalie!