Monday, December 7, 2009

Dashboard & NFG & Target


Last Friday Dashboard Confessional aka Chris Carrabba played an acoustic show. He is a stellar performer. He can sing and play the guitar like no ones emo business. The way he sings is effortless. The show was mostly just him and then for a few songs he had a piano player. Chris played a lot of their older songs which Josh and I were very happy about. Nothing beats the old raw Dashboard. They played a lot of The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most. They also played a few new songs. I actually like thier new CD (the acoustic version . . . you can only get it at Target). The song "So Right" is pretty sweet.

We had an excellent view on the balcony. The sound was great. We didn't have to deal with sweaty people which is rare considering it was at In the Venue. This was my first concert there, not leaving with other peoples sweat on me due to being jammed will 5 million other people on the floor. Being 21+ has its perks to the cozy balcony. I give this concert a 10.


New Found Glory opened for them. They also played an acoustic set. They said they were being punished for making fun of Dashboard. It was funny. I'll admit it was strange because no one was jumping around and freaking out to their pop punk sound. It just didn't feel right to do so without everything plugged in. I think this was my 3 or 4th time seeing them live. They were always at Warped Tour back in the day. I LOVED this band in high school. My 2 fav songs were "Hit or Miss" and "My Friends Over You." They were great teen anthems for me. I used to listen to NFG in my old corolla all of the time everywhere I went. Ah, the nostalgia. I also had a big crush on Jordan their lead singer. I'm glad he got over his fat stage, he looks much better now (skinny again). I think him and Josh look like twins, but Josh would be the hot twin that is smart and attractive.


I keep forgetting to post about our little Diva Yetti. She is now in Target! I did the packaging for our Stocking Personalization line. We needed a photo of a cute kitty and Yetti was cooperating so she got the job.


Another line of packaging that I did is in Target called "Flea Market." All of these are phone photos so they aren't that great, but you get the point. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Jared and Cassie said...

haha that is so cool that Yetti is in Target! Im so jealous! I love that you call her a diva too