Sunday, August 9, 2009

These aren't the adventures you're looking for

Natalie and I used to watch "Little People, Big World" all the time. I'm not sure if that show is still on the air. For one episode the Roloffs went on a family adventure to Costa Rica I believe. While there, they rode a zip line through the jungle. Ever since then we have wanted to rock a zip line somewhere. Friday evening was my company summer party. As per tradition, the party was held at Snowbird. And guess what was there? A zip line. Our first attempt was defeated by a fast moving rain storm. The storm shut everything down for about half an hour. So we made the best of it and ate our company provided dinner. Dinner was nice, a bit over cooked but whatever it was free. Right after dinner we booked it up to the zip line tower. It was fun. I fought to get my phone out of my pocket to take a quick picture. About halfway down I was able to snap this shot of Natalie loving her first zip line adventure. Granted this was no Roloff Costa Rica adventure through the jungle, but it was cool all the same.Earlier this week I awoke my inner Lego maniac. I used to play with Legos until my fingertips were raw and bleeding. No joke. Lately I have been feeling the urge to buy some Legos and build stuff. While shopping at Target I browsed the Lego aile just to see the goods. A Darth Vader Tie Fighter was sitting on the shelf and the inner 10 year old could be silenced no more. I was so excited when I got home. Natalie was amused. I was in heaven. They didn't have the Star Wars branded Legos when I was growing up and I've always been jealous of new Star Wars fans cause they get to play with Star Wars Legos and I just had to create my own. Here is the result.I know the coolest thing ever right? The set even included a Darth Vader mini-fig (Lego guy to the unfamiliar) complete with cape and lightsaber. I've been geeking out ever since. Now I'm on the hunt for a X-wing with a Luke Skywalker mini-fig. I love me some LEGOS!!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm pretty sure the Roloffs have their own zipline on their property. ALSO, did you know he got a DUI a couple years ago? hehehe...

ALSO I love legos.

Kylie said...

haha! Landon totally got that for his birthday. We went to the Lego store in FL, jealous?