Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grandma Bee


Here is a photo of me and Grandma Bee back in my prime in 2004. Grandma Bee has had a really rough year. She has been in and out of the hospital, moved out of her house to a senior care facility, had a heart valve transplant, etc. Last week she went into the ER because my mom said she was acting funny and was extremely jaundice. Each day she got loopier and loopier and she is now in her own world. She had some tests done on Friday and they took a biopsy on some potentially cancerous matter on her liver and pancreas. The doctors are pretty sure she has pancreatic cancer but aren't 100% positive until the get the results on Tuesday. I feel really bad for Grandma Bee, but its good she is not in pain and is in her own world.

It breaks my heart knowing she won't be here on Earth much longer. But I do find joy in knowing I will see her again and she will be with Pa. In times like these my testimony of the Gospel is truly tested. I find great comfort in knowing when people pass away they have the opportunity to live with their families forever. I have been so blessed to have had Pa in my life and Grandma Bee.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma Bee! :( :( Big hugs to your whole family.