Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time with the Fam


It all started Friday before conference when we were visited by the Wallaces. It was good to see them. The highlight of thier visit was the "concert" that the kids put on. Its was so cute and creative. That night Josh and I also got to hangout with Cassie. The 3 of us did a lot of hanging out back in the old college days so it was a fun night filled with reminiscing and hilarity.


Then the next day, Saturday my family arrived!!! This has been a much antivipated visit. The really cool part was that they brought a whole truck load of furniture. My poor dad drove the truck up by himself while my mom and sister followed behind in the Honda. It even snowed! They must really love us. In the photo my dad and Josh are in the truck getting ready to move the furniture out. I'll have to do another post with photos about all of the great furniture. One of the highlights is I have my dresser back in my life. We have been married for almost (short of 10 days) 3 years and haven't ever had the privilege of a dresser. We took my family to Pei Wei for dinner. It was their first dining experience there and they loved it. Especially my dad. Then we went to Bellisimo Gelato for Dessert. Yum, Yum! Also Matt came to stay that night before heading back to CA. We had a fun night of Disney Bingo, Rockband and adjustments CPK style.



Here is a photo of the conference building. Darren is the Man! He not only got my family tickets but also Josh and I. Plus they were for the Sunday afternoon session. We owe Darren. It was really cool to go to the 179th Annual General Conference with my family. It was such a spiritual experience to hear and see the many leaders of our Church speak. Being among 20,000 LDS members is awesome. Seeing The Prophet Thomas S. Monson and the 12 apostles in person is really neat. I loved at the end how President Monson waved to everyone. I thought it was really cool.


Here is a photo of my mom, Michelle and I. I look weird so pretend I look normal.


Here is a photo of all of us after conference. It was a really nice day outside. I wish I hadn't worn my black coat. I think my glasses make me look responsible.


My parents with the SLC Temple in the background.


Michelle in true photo ready form (not looking at the camera).

I'll be doing more posts about the rest of their visit hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: