Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Your assistance is requested

Natalie and I were asked to speak in Church this coming Sunday. The same Sunday we have to do Sharing Time in Primary, kinda bad timing eh? The topic that I was given is “Serving with all your might, mind, and strength.” Pretty generic right? Should be easy to come up with something right? Wrong. I’m stumped. Usually I can come up with something, but this time around it’s like I’m the Bush administration and the talk is WMDs in Iraq—can’t come up with a thing. Natalie is having similar troubles with her topic “Finding joy in a calling.” So here’s the challenge blog-squad, give us some ideas PLEASE! A Book of Mormon story, an Ensign talk, a personal story, the phone number to President Obama’s speech writer, anything. Although I doubt beginning my talk with “Yes we can serve with all our might, mind, and strength” would be any good.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Josh - It looks like you are striking out on the suggestions, so I thought I'd throw one down. Not sure it is really on point, but Elder Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood session was really good this last conference. It is called "Lift Where You Stand" and in a round about way, is about serving with all our might, mind, and strength where we are asked to serve. He has an awesome story of a guy that loses a leg and carves a stub for himself so he can walk thirty miles every week to work on the SLC temple.

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-18,00.html

Daren

The Wallace Family said...

Tell Natalie that Pres. Monson gave a talk titled, "Finding Joy in the Journey" this last conference. There has to be something about finding joy that she can incorporate. Good luck guys!!

Daren