Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ollie is 7 weeks

Time has been going by so fast. He is on somewhat of a schedule now which is great. The routine is eat, change diaper, awake/playtime then nap time and repeat. The tips from Baby Wise have been working. I am so glad i have stuck to it because it has been beneficial. He has figured out nighttime and will sleep anywhere from 3-7 solid hours. His nighttime routine is change diaper, eat, and sleep. When I put him back in his bassinet at night he goes back to sleep. It's so great. He has been doing that for about 3 weeks now.

Breastfeeding has been going good. I was fully prepared for it to be this horrible thing but it has been the opposite which i am thankful for. Not all horror stories happen to me! He loves to eat and keeps growing! He feels heavier everyday.

Alright let's talk about me. I have lost half of my pregnant weight thanks to breastfeeding. 500 calories a day is awesome! I can't wait to fit into my old jeans. I haven't tried for 2 weeks because I don't want to be disappointed but tomorrow I'm going to try again. I hope I can go back to little size 3 again. I'm pretty sure my stomach will never look the same again but we shall see. I'm just happy to not be pregnant because I can do all the old things I used to do and I feel great!

This blogger app for my iPhone is going to be great. I will be able to blog more because I can hold Ollie and blog (just as I'm doing now).

2 comments:

Kylie said...

So cute! I'm glad it's going well for you. I still don't feel back to my normal self, even though I fit into my old jeans. :) We can't wait to meet him!

Tara Shirley said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about losing baby weight. Soon I'll probably be back to my tiny size 3 too. SHUT UP! I still love you even if you are that skinny and I haven't been that skinny since I was THREE!