Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blessing Day & First Month

Ormonds & Wyricks on September 4th for Oliver's Blessing

The first month flew by! Oliver was blessed by his Dad on September 4th which was just shy of him being 1 month old. It was so great to have family and friends there that day. Oliver did great during the blessing. Not only did he look adorable in his outfit that my mom made, but he was asleep and kept his poo inside his diaper! Josh blessed him with several great life achievements. 

        

So we got through the first month. What a crazy month. We felt like Zombies. I am so glad Josh got to have 2 weeks paternity leave. It was nice for both of us to have that time together to figure out how to start being parents. I pretty much didn't leave the house. I didn't want to either. I was so sad/scared to have him go back to work. I didn't feel capable of doing it all on my own during the day, but I got through it. 

I love my sleep and I didn't think I could be so sleep deprived and live! I knew I would be up all night, but I didn't really think I would. Oliver thought night time was day time. There was a lot of walking around the house, rocking, swaddling and then repeat like 50 times to get him to sleep. I felt like I won the gold medal when he would go to sleep. It has been nice having the bassinet by our bed at night. So when he is hungry I can just pick him up and feed him. 


At his 2 week appt here were his stats:
Weight: 9lbs 3 oz. = 64%
Height: 21 1/4 = 72 %
Head Circumference: 37 = 48%


He is one big baby!

No comments: