Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Facebook

Josh and I went to the theaters last Monday and saw the Social Network. I loved this movie. I'm not afraid to admit that Facebook is a big part of my life (you so know it's a big part of yours too). I loved how it went through the making of Facebook, through the lawsuits and most of all the genius of it. The script was awesome.

Facebook initially was set up as a social network for Harvard students in 2004. It then grew to include other universities. I remember when you had the have a college .edu email address from a list of schools that Facebook approved. When BYU-I was added to the list I signed up. It was pretty cool back in 2005 when it was exclusively only for certain colleges. Now anyone can join. So I can basically say I was an early pioneer of Facebook.

I love Facebook because it allows you to stay connected with your friends and family. I would have lost touch with tons of my friends if it hadn't been for facebook. I love how easy it is to stay in touch with people and find out whats going on in the world. Plus you have to love some of your friends status updates!

If you haven't seen the movie, go see it! As much as some people don't like it, Facebook is changing the way we interact with each other. I believe its an important part of life today. Think about how many conversations start with, "did you see what So-And-So posted on Facebook?"

1 comment:

Rachel and Jared said...

So true! I've heard a lot of good things about this movie! I need to see it