Sunday, May 23, 2010

Childhood Movies: Natalie's Edition

For some reason Kids love the watch the same movies over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure I was one of those kids. I was thinking about all of the movies that were staples in my childhood. Some were pretty fantastic and some were straight up weird.

Kevin! I still crack up when I watch this movie. It is an all time classic for me. The taranchula scene has never been funnier. The scream of sheer horror gets me everytime.


Great movie. I learned to follow my dreams and never give up. Also ruby red slippers are awesome. I remember wanting to be Glenda. She had the most beautiful dress. I ended up being her for halloween when I was 5 so it all worked out.

I'm pretty sure this movie still haunts me. It was so creepy, but I always watched it! Does anyone remember the headless lady with the heads in glass cases? She had a ribbon tied around her wrist with the key to the cases. This movie was SO weird!!!


I loved Polyanna. I don't really remember why, but I did.

"Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down." I wanted the ability to snap my fingers and have my room cleaned. I also wished my sidewalk drawings would transport me to someplace awesome. Mary Poppins was so cool!


I love ET. Cutest Extra-Terrestrial ever. My parents saw this movie on their first date back in 1982. This movie is important to my family. I never liked the part when they came to get E.T. when they were wearing the white space/medical suits. I was always jealous of the kids cool closet.

I loved all the Indiana Jones movies. Harrison Ford at his best. My favorite was the Temple of Doom. All of those creepy bugs and the heart being ripped out, thrilling everytime! I think this movie is also why I am so creeped out by snakes.

My dad is a huge star wars fan. I watched these movies a lot. I thought my mom looked like Princess Leia and I would refer to her as 'mommy' when I was watching the movie. It's a good thing I like Star Wars so much because this is what Josh and I watched on our first date. I was prepared at a young age for Josh. :)


Ewoks!!! They are so cute. I loved this movie. I wanted to be the little girl with her moon boots and blonde curly hair.

Early on I loved Tim Burton movies. This movie was so funny. Beetlejuice was such a perfect creep. My favorite party was the dinner party scene. "Shake, shake, shake, Senora!"


Then there are all of the Disney Movies. Michelle and I LOVED them so much and still do. Disney movies teach great lessons. There is always tragedy, but you can always over come it (and turn into a princess at the end). They are so fun and the characters are so great.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can't believe no one has commented on this post yet?!?! I DEFINITELY wanted to be the curly haired blonde girl and wore things around my head like her headband. Also, I remember Return to Oz. Super freaky. Picking lunch boxes from off a tree? Heads in cases. I would like to add the Never ending Story to this list & you've pretty much got my child hood too. :) Thanks for the blast from the past.