Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Trip

Last Wednesday night we flew out to San Diego. This trip was super quick and tiring, but we got a lot done!


These are my BFF's from High School. Me, Nicole M., Rachel & Nichole G., (but now B, plus little Jude). We haven't all hung-out together in years. It was really fun to catch up on everyones lives. We used to have a lot of fun together back in the Middle School and High School days. I have a lot of fond memories with them.


After organizing for the garage sale at Grandma Bee & Pa's house Josh and I went back to H&M. We needed to go to the Bonita Plaza store because the Otay store didn't have suits. Josh bought this sweet shark sheen suit. He looks a little miami in the photo. I promise he won't wear v neck shirts with his suit. I got a lot of fun new clothes too. H&M knows how to make clothes for us. I really miss shopping and finding cute things. It brings much happiness into my life.



What day of mine wouldn't be complete without a run to Target?



Friday: Garage Sale day 1
It wasn't too crazy, but it was really tiring! There was a lot of moving and organizing. The sale covered the drive way, 2 car garage, back patio and car port. For dinner we meet up with my Dads brothers family. Michelle and I love spending time with our cousin Chelsea!



Saturday: Garage Sale day 2.
Michelle manned the money with the old cash register from my grandparents jewelry store.



You can't really get the enormity of all of the stuff from this shot, but I promise there was A LOT! Josh was a furniture mover. He sold 2 beds, a head board, entertainment center, 4 chairs and a dresser. I sold a dresser and the kitchen table. I practiced my Spanish too. Saturday was nuts with all of the people from TJ.

The garage sale was the purpose of our trip. My mom wanted our help. We were really glad we were able to help the family out. Even though it was tiring it was well worth it to be outside in beautiful weather. We even got sunburned.


That night we went to the House of Blues to watch my dad play. My dad is really talented. He plays the base and has been playing for about 40 yrs. He knows so much about music. Most of the time I don't understand what he is talking about when he talks about music. I have the coolest dad in the world. How many people can say their dad is still in a rock band?



Yesterday was Easter. The night before we colored Easter Eggs. I love coloring Easter eggs. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. My mom made us all Easter baskets. Josh got his Cadbury Mini eggs, I got my once a year See's Bordeaux egg and Michelle got her Jelly Beans.


I love my family (and backyard). I love that we are all members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 13 years ago we went to Church for the first time on Easter Sunday. Our lives have changed so much during the last 13 years. I am so thankful for all of the blessings Heavenly Father has given to us.



We flew out of Long Beach so we had to drive back up to there. Look how pretty and green the freeway is. One thing I really miss about living in SD is the beauty of the city. I miss seeing green. I grew up loving to look/play in my backyard and seeing all of the beautiful plants.

We had a fun, quick trip. It was great to runaway from the snow/rain/cold for a few days and bask (work) in the nice sunlight. We can't wait to return in the summer. Oh how I LOVE San Diego in the summer.

2 comments:

mandy said...

You do have a wonderful family. I love them too :-) I love the picture of Michelle manning the cash machine. Welcome back to Utah and I am glad you guys are safe.

Nadia said...

First of all I didn't know your dad was in a band! That is pretty cool. Hope you guys are doing well.