Sunday, January 17, 2010

Best Decade Ever 2000-2009



The best decade. Josh end I were talking about what we have done/accomplished this past decade. I am amazed at everything I have done!
  • 2nd half of freshman year of HS started in 2000

  • Survived y2k
  • lettered in Drill Team

  • made great friends in HS that I had a lot of fun with


  • camped at the beach a lot
  • went to the beach 4 times a week in the summer

  • first time surfing

  • was tan, a lot
  • hit ages 16,18, & 21
  • First boyfriend
  • First time paying taxes

  • First warped tour
  • First cell phone
  • Drivers license

  • First car
  • First dances school & stake
  • Braces removed
  • Took Spanish for 5 yrs., italian 1 yr. (don't ask me to speak either)
  • Young Women’s Recognition Award
  • Took Honors classes
  • Graduated seminary (early morning, 5:40 am)

  • Graduated High School
  • Moved away from home (one of the hardest things I did)

  • First Apartment (Legacy Ridge 505)

  • Went to BYU-I

  • First time having Roomates
  • Fist Idaho winter
  • Driving in the snow
  • 3 computers
  • Second Airplane Ride
  • First mac

  • Learned to snowboard
  • Lived in snow

  • Had the best roommates

  • Fell in Love with JOSH (2004)
  • First iPod (pink ipod mini)
  • Two iPods in the last decade

  • Floating a river (jackson Hole)



  • Swam frequently in rivers

  • Went bridge Jumping (first & last time)
  • Myspace, Facebook
  • Live journal

  • Went Snowmobiling for the First time


  • Got engaged (2005 on Coronado Beach)
  • My Beach Blonde Hair went away so I got Highlights for the first time
  • Got married in the San Diego Temple (2006)
  • Went through the temple for the first time
  • Have a Huge extended family who I LOVE
  • My last name was no longer Wyrick
  • Cut hair short
  • Went to mexico
  • Cruise
  • First apartment together (we loved this place)
  • First joint bank account


  • Had my BFA Show, first art show ever!

  • Graduated/Survived College with a BFA in Graphic Design (2007)

  • Went to NYC with Mandy
  • Have had 5 jobs

  • Three cats (above Koonie, Yetti and Gnarly)
  • First Christmas away from Home
  • First white Christmas

  • First friend marriages (Nichole & Wes, Jordan & Ryan, Cassie & Jared . . .)
  • First paychecks over $1,000
  • Bought my first Car!

  • Played with Fireworks for the first time
  • Wakeboarding for the first time
  • Work featured in Target
  • Real yard work
  • Real callings
  • Lived in three different states
  • Been in Three car wrecks
  • Moved nine times in the last decade

  • Concerts of my most fav bands Jimmy Eat World, Blink, TBS, So Co, Fall out boy, AFI . . . (too many count)
  • Bought a house
  • Pa (2000), Grandma Lo (2007)and Grandma Bee (2009)passed away
  • Thanksgiving at our house
  • Mini ramp
  • Still and will always be Loving Josh.
I know I must be forgetting things, but you get the point. Several life changing events have gone on. I don't think I will ever accomplish this much in a decade again. What a roller coaster this has all been! I'm excited to see what the next years bring.

PS Sorry I wasn't very modest in HS. I thought only lesbians wore long shorts. Times have changed now.

6 comments:

Kate said...

The fabulous thing is that your old pink ipod is still around and kicking! It's been passed on to my sister nowadays. By the way, I am totally stealing your blog idea.

mandy said...

I love it, great re-cap on the past decade! I wish you another decade just as full of wonderful life experiences :-)

Cephaloblog said...

Kate- I'm so happy my cute little pink Mini is still around! I was so sad to sell it because it was so very pretty. I'm happy you and your sister have enjoyed it!!!

Thanks Mandy, you should do a decade recap as well :)

Danielle said...

I love this post! You are seriously so adorable... may the next decade exceed all expectations!

Rachel and Jared said...

This blog post is inspiring. I might have to do this too. It really was a great decade!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome decade. As I read through it and saw the pics I can't forget the early morning seminary. 5:40 a.m. is dang early.