Sunday, May 17, 2009

Post #92

I just checked and we are almost to 100 posts! I thought that was exciting. As I was reading everyone elses blog I realized we really needed to update. So here is an update.

Life is good right now. I'm so happy about the weather. I love 75 degrees with a breeze. I know It won't last long here so I'm savoring it for the time being. We are learning many things about owning a home. Its a lot of work (if you don't want to be "that" house on the street). We have gone through 3 lawn mowers (don't ask) so far. Josh has been good about mowing the lawn. For last Mondays Family Home Evening we did yard work. I pulled weeds while Josh mowed the lawn. This past weekend we took our weekly trip to Lowes and purchased a hose and a spray nozzle and a push broom. No one tells you how much money you have to spend on yard maintenance! I actually don't mind yard work too much. I love a pretty green yard. We are lucky to have beautiful trees and plants which came with the house. The apricots are starting to grow and I can't wait to eat them! Hopefully the deers will stay in the mountains in the summer. I will post photos soon of our progress.

Our calling at Church is teaching the primary children 7 year olds. We had 11 kids, but they split the class last Sunday and now we have 6! 11 seven year olds were out of control to teach. It is much more manageable to have 6 kids. We really enjoy our calling. Kids are really comical. It always amazes me how much they know about the Gospel.

Work is going great for both of us. Josh has been assigned to write on a few projects these last 2 weeks and is really happy to finally write!

For a summer concert update, Blink-182, Weezer and Fall Out Boy are touring together this summer!!! They haven't released any dates yet, but we are so there!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sure your yard looks beautiful! One difference between CA & UT is that your 7 year old class is our ENTIRE PRIMARY! I can't imagine!

Kylie said...

Tell us when Weezer comes, we'll be there with you. :)

Hilary said...

Let me know what kind of mower works best. We just went out and bought one, mowed the foot long grass, then took it back out of AJ's anger. He does that.

Oh, and I just bought a push broom too. $20? Seriously?