Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oprah

I think it would be nice to post something positive everyday. I'll try it out for a week starting today.

I have a weird fascination with Oprah that started last summer. I watched her behind the scenes show from her 25th season. It was so interesting to learn what goes into an episode. All of the work, planning and team work.

What I love about her was the way she treated her employees. TV production is a stressful industry. Sure they showed the great stress free moments and the magic of the show. But they also showed the chaos. I was pleased to see how she dealt with people and the situations. She treated people with respect and dignity no matter how bad the problem was. She also gave praise for their hard work. I think CEOs and presidents could learn from her example. She could have the biggest ego in the world, but she doesn't. It was so refreshing to see people happy doing their job and wanting to do their best.

If Oprah is hiring I want to work for her!

I think we can all learn to take a moment and not get all crazy when something goes bad and treat people with respect.

No comments: